Tuesday, January 13, 2009

My Trip To Shimla





Being a Pucca Punjabi I had been going TO Shimla to enjoy the winters over there. They say that you usually get snow in the Winter around the 25th over there and hence my trip there every year near the Christmas and new year time.





Initially I used to go with my friend but now I go with my wife and kids. It is good three hours drive from Chnadigarh.





Ofcourse you can take a train if you want to enjoy the sight seeing and the toy ride from Kalka to Shimla.
The traffic has gone from bad to worse and there is absoluetly now way you can get parking there and water is also an issue. Then there are issues with hotels an also with the huge rush in the winter season.
The best thing which I usually do is that travel to Kufri or Chail so as to be in a good spot to enjoy the beauty of the whole hills.

I was reading this blog about globe trotting and they has some wonderful travel tips. I am sure that next time when I travel to Shimla or any where else I am going to keep these in mind.

No comments:

Post a Comment